A decent pair of headphones is essential for working out if you’re the type of person who likes to train alone and focus on getting fitter and stronger. A decent pair of headphones will allow you to maximize the time you spend in the gym by eliminating distractions and provide those motivational beats.
We have sifted through the good and the bad to bring you the top ten gym headphones money can buy. These ear-hugging noise producers are the highest rated in their categories for comfort, sound quality, durability, and aesthetics.
One thing we recommend when buying new sports headphones is don’t buy them cheaply. Generally speaking, headphones costing under £25 are not designed to last. They use inferior components, and sound quality will ultimately suffer. A decent pair of sports headphones will outlast multiple pairs of cheaper ones and possibly save you money in the long run.
Top 3Best Sports Earphones That Won’t Fall Out When Running
Beats by Dr. Dre – Powerbeats
We start the list with Dr. Dre Powerbeats. These in-ear headphones are specially engineered to be worn whilst performing physical activities. They are the result of a collaboration between LeBron James and Dr. Dre.
This team-up combines the desire for sport-durable headphones from a top athlete with the awesome sound quality capabilities from a renowned music producer. They claim to be the only headphones designed to deliver premium sound on the court, in the gym, and on the streets.
The design of the headphones appears very good with efficient adjustable ear hooks. The Powerbeats should stay put during even the most intense workouts. They are also constructed from sweat-resistant materials to stop them from moving about, and you are supplied with ear tips of all sizes to get that perfect fit.
The sound quality is very good, with a clear, crisp range of sounds being delivered to you in a well-balanced manner.
What We Like:
- Powerbeats earphones are the only Beats by Dr. Dre earbuds that come with two speakers inside each bud. That means you get crystal clear highs and deep, rumbling lows in high definition.
- Remote control cord- You can adjust your music to find your song right from the cord—no need to fumble with your MP3 player during your workout.
- Safety first- Powerbeats earphones are specially designed to pump clear bass at any volume while letting in ambient noise, ensuring athletes stay safe while running on the road.
- Made to handle hours of activity in the sun, Powerbeats earphones can be exposed to sweat and UV rays without the risk of damage.
- Powerbeats earphones reproduce sound that’s clear at any volume, while integrated subwoofers deliver deep bass.
- The midrange tweeter yields ultra-smooth vocals and clear, crisp highs.
- A dual-driver design separates bass and treble frequencies for audio that’s accurate and powerful. Enjoy crystal clear audio when you take calls on the Powerbeats earphones integrated microphone. Talk hands-free without interruption.
Our Rating: 8/10
We are really impressed by the Powerbeats, and the sound quality is on par with much more established audio equipment producers. The design of the earphones accommodates for you to be able to undertake endured strenuous activity without them acting as a burden – they will not move and will keep delivering great sound.
The only issue we could find with them is they do not yet have the pedigree of the more established companies that produce sport earphone equipment. This could mean longevity in the product may suffer, but customer reviews seem to clarify that this isn’t a common cause.
Bose SIE2i Sport Headphones
These headphones are Bose’s latest addition to the gym headphone market. In short, they are fantastic.
Bose has become synonymous with producing high-quality audio equipment. They have tailored the needs of sports enthusiasts that require quality and relentless performance and have developed these SIE2i headphones.
The engineers at Bose have worked tirelessly to develop a unique design that will enhance your workout. These headphones are high spec, and you will almost forget you are wearing them during even your most rigorous routines.
Bose claims the sound produced by these bad boys will push your workouts to a whole new level – delivering intense focus and drive from your favourite gym tunes.
TriPort headphone technology delivers sound with a wide range, with the deep, natural lows that give your music its depth and puts a bounce in your step. It’ll help to motivate you without closing you off from the world around you—a must when running outdoors.
What We Like:
- Made from sweat and weather-resistant materials
- ‘StayHear’ tips – during even the most vigorous workout, they won’t dislodge.
- Hydrophobic cloth covers the speaker elements, keeping moisture out while letting sound pass through.
- Connections and cables have been optimized for durability.
- One-touch button for ease of use for your calls and music
- These Bose sport headphones come with an exclusive Reebok armband. This extra is designed to keep your music device in place while you work out and stores the headphones when you aren’t. The armband is made of flexible, breathable fabric that adjusts to fit most smartphones and MP3 players and has a touch-sensitive window for ease of use. It comes in matching colors to your SIE2i.
- We really like this little extra as it is very comfortable to wear, and the quality is what you would expect from a Bose/Reebok collaboration.
Our Rating: 9/10
These Bose sport headphones really are at the top of their game. Not only do they display why Bose is so highly regarded by quality audio enthusiasts, but they push the boundaries on current technology used in standard sport headphones.
The only drawback we can find would be some users may not find them loud enough to drown out the overly loud music you find in some gyms. The price may also be off-putting for some people looking to purchase sport headphones, but it’s true what they say – you get what you pay for.
Bowers & Wilkins C5
The C5’s from Bowers & Wilkins is a real quality engineered product that we are very impressed with. The history and heritage heralding from this audio equipment producing company stem all the way back to 1966, and they claim to have strived towards perfection ever since.
Although not specifically a sport headphone, the C5’s are oozing with tantalizing features that will still compliment your workout.
Simple and elegant in design, these headphones will look the part in and out of the gym. The bud will fit well in your ear and is designed to hold whilst being physically active as well.
C5’s snug fit and stunningly realistic sound mean you can forget the rest of the world and lose yourself in music.
Unique Secure Loop design. Adjustable loops hold the in-ear headphones firmly in place.
C5 in-ear headphones and your iPhone® or iPod® were made for each other. The C5’s Apple®-approved cable comes with its own remote control and microphone.
Micro Porous Filter acts as a sonic diffuser, opening up the sound and making music feel remarkably rich and expansive.
The real seller in the C5’s is the sheer quality of sound that they produce. They replicate the music as it should be heard and you will lose yourself whilst working out to whatever track you are playing at the time. Crisp highs, deep lows, and every note in between are delivered with precise conviction.